Flu Season 2020-21
We will be inviting our eligible patients for a flu vaccination either via SMS text message or postal letter.
Read more information on the NHS website to find out if you are eligible and which vaccination you will be offered: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/
We will be inviting our eligible patients for a flu vaccination either via SMS text message or postal letter. If you receive an invite please arrange your appointment slot in one of the following ways:
Online– Log in or Register at www.birminghamandsolihullhealthapp.com, then go to Appointments and book into one of our ‘Flu Vaccine only’ clinics for your age group
Phone– Ring our Reception team on 0121 472 0129
We receive our vaccines at different times throughout the first few months of the flu season and so if you have not received an invite yet this may mean that we are still awaiting delivery of your vaccine. Please be assured that eligible patients will receive an invite once we have the vaccines in stock.
If you were identified by the NHS/ UK Government as being at high risk from coronavirus and received an official letter/ notification asking you to shield at home during the height of the pandemic members of your household are also eligible to receive the influenza vaccination with us if they are registered at our Practice. Let us know if members of your household also need to receive the flu vaccination.
During this year’s flu season we are also been required to ensure that we hold an accurate ethnicity status for all of our patients. If you have not previously provided us with your ethnicity status please contact us so that we can update your records.
Please note that patients aged 50-64 who are not in an at risk category will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccines remaining. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first.
If you are not eligible to receive a flu vaccination from the NHS you can still purchase a vaccination at many local Pharmacies for a small fee.
These are the first vaccinations that we receive so we have now sent invites out to all of our patients in this age group. Please read the attached letter for full information about how we are running clinics for our over 65’s this year.
65+ Flu Invite Letter 2020
Clinic Dates for over 65’s
- Saturday 19th September
- Saturday 26th September
- Monday 28th September
- Thursday 1st October
We are sending SMS or postal invites to all under 18’s who are eligible for the flu vaccination.
Morning clinics for these are been held on the following dates:
Saturday 3rd October
Tuesday 6th October
Saturday 10th October
More dates will be added dependent on demand.
You can arrange an appointment using the BSOL App (this must be the childs account) or by ringing Reception on 0121 472 0129.
The letter gives full details of the children’s invite. Please bring the attached proforma with you when you attend for the appointment.
Children 2-3yrs Flu Invite 2020 4yrs-under 18yrs Flu Invite 2020
Fluenz Tetra is the most effective vaccine for children; however we are aware that some under 18’s may wish to receive a vaccine that does not contain porcine gelatine. If you would prefer to receive a vaccine without this content please let us know. We are hoping to be able to offer this alternative vaccine from November.
Important COVID-19 information when coming for your flu vaccine:
- It is important that you do not arrive more than five minutes early or five minutes late for your appointment so we can keep the queue to a minimum
- Do not attend if you are showing symptoms of coronavirus (high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss of taste or smell) or if a member of your household is isolating/ in quarantine
- Wear a face covering when you are inside the Surgery
- Use our hand gel provided when you enter the Surgery
- Enter the building alone- anyone with you who has not come for a flu vaccine will need to wait outside
- Be expected to queue 2 metres apart before you can enter the building (wear weather appropriate clothing)
- We are running a one-way system- you will be directed to enter and exit via different doors
- During busier periods be expected to queue 2 metres apart before you can enter the building (wear weather appropriate clothing)
- Before your appointment ensure that the top of your arm is uncovered ready for vaccination