Please have a look at the below link. This website gives you exercise sheets and videos to help with common conditions such as:
- Ankle sprain
- Back pain
- Knee pain
- Neck pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain
- Keep Moving Exercises
You should try these exercises for 2 weeks before making a self referral.
Physiotherapy self referral is a system which allows you to refer yourself to a physiotherapist at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital without having to see a doctor first, after trying the above exercises for 2 weeks.
The attached leaflet explains how this works, what type of conditions can be treated and sections for you to complete to refer yourself.
However if you answer yes to any of these questions you should see a GP and not self refer:
Have you experienced: –
- Relentless night pain that is not improved by changing position?
- A sudden, unexplained loss of your bladder or bowel control, or a loss of feeling around your bottom/genitals?
- Sudden unplanned weight loss?
- Poor / worsening general health?
- Have you ever had / are you currently having treatment for cancer?