Care Home Resident Registration Form

Fields marked "REQUIRED" are compulsory. You should only send this form if you are sure that you are eligible to join this practice - please check our catchment area. Your details will be held at the surgery for a limited period of time. Sending this form does NOT guarantee registration.

Last Updated: 13/09/2021

Patients Details

Please help us trace your previous medical records by providing the following

If you are from abroad

If you are returning from the armed forces

Complete Registration

Next of Kin

Who can we contact in case of an emergency? (preferably in the UK but if not please add the dialling code)

New Patient Questionnaire

Please take time to complete this questionnaire. It is important that we have as much information about you to give you the best service of care.

Present Health Status

Alcohol Intake

Please tell us about your alcohol intake. Unit Indicator: 1 pint of 5.2% larger or 1 250ml glass of 12% wine = 3 units, 1 pint of 6% cider = 3.4 units, 1 pint of 4% ale = 2.3 units, 1 double measure of gin or vodka = 2 units, 1 bottle of 12% wine = 9 units.

Opt Out Form for Sharing Data from your Medical Records

There are two data sharing projects currently in progress and these are: • SCR – Summary Care Record • YCC – Your Care Connected (formally known as Central Care Record) It is important to note that each of these projects run a separate opt out system. Therefore if you wish to opt out of one or more of these projects please complete the form below.

Care Home Residents Only

Practice use only: Code 13F61 Record 'Residential Institute' as South Birmingham PCT

SUPPLEMENTARY QUESTIONS | PATIENT DECLARATION for all patients who are not ordinarily resident in the UK

Anybody in England can register with a GP practice and receive free medical care from that practice. However, if you are not 'ordinarily resident' in the UK you may have to pay for NHS treatment outside of the GP practice. Being ordinarily resident broadly means living lawfully in the UK on a properly settled basis for the time being. In most cases, nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area must also have the status of 'indefinite leave to remain' in the UK. Some services, such as diagnostic tests of suspected infectious diseases and any treatment of those diseases are free of charge to all people, while some groups who are not ordinarily resident here are exempt from all treatment charges. More information on ordinary residence, exemptions and paying for NHS services can be found in the Visitor and Migrant patient leaflet, available from your GP practice. You may be asked to provide proof of entitlement in order to receive free NHS treatment outside of the GP practice, otherwise you may be charged for your treatment. Even if you have to pay for a service, you will always be provided with any immediately necessary or urgent treatment, regardless of advance payment. The information you give on this form will be used to assist in identifying your chargeable status, and may be shared, including with NHS secondary care organisations (e.g. hospitals) and NHS Digital, for the purposes of validation, invoicing and cost recovery. You may be contacted on behalf of the NHS to confirm any details you have provided.


Complete this section if you live in another EEA country, or have moved to the UK to study or retire, or if you live in the UK but work in another EEA member state. Do not complete this section if you have an EHIC issued by the UK. If you are visiting from another EEA country and do not hold a current EHIC (or Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC)/S1, you may be billed for the cost of any treatment received outside the GP practice, including at hospital).