Repeat prescriptions are available to request 24 hours and these can be requested in the following ways:
- by ordering online via your BSOL App
- by completing the online form
- by email to email@example.com
- by posting your request to us
- by filling out a repeat request form at reception
Please allow 48 working hours before arranging collection.
We regret the Practice is unable to accept telephone requests for medication due to the high potential risk of a transcription error.
Order Repeat Medication Here
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen pharmacy directly saving you having to come down to the surgery to pick it up and then take to the pharmacy yourself.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign you up.
For more information please click here.
Over the Counter Medication
Over the Counter Medication can be purchased for many common aliments and illnesses. You may be informed by our Reception Team or by the GP that some medicines are no longer given on prescription and that you should buy these over the counter.
The attached leaflet will give you more information about this – Over the Counter Medication Leaflet.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.